American Heart Association Administrative Associate - Hiawatha, IA in Hiawatha, Iowa
Administrative Associate - Hiawatha, IA
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact everyday?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Administrative Associate in our Midwest Affiliate office located in Hiawatha Iowa. The Administrative Associate will provide administrative support that helps ensure effective execution of American Heart Association health impact goals and objectives in the assigned areas. Assistant will be responsible for supporting staff in one or more of the following area within Corporate Development:
Corporate Development: Focuses on fundraising opportunities with corporations through the Heart Walk, Heart Ball, Go Red for Women Luncheon, and other fundraising related events. Also promotes workplace giving programs in companies.
Essential Job Duties:
• Develop, input, and maintain information in appropriate computer software programs, including but not limited to SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Greater Giving, Convio, Blackbaud and E1, to include data reporting and spreadsheets.
• Perform general accounting/bookkeeping processes for billings, check requests, expense reports, income reporting, and other applicable financial transactions. Keep current with the Affiliate budget numbers. Serve as Affiliate Accounting Liasion for office which includes participating in teleconferences and providing feedback about finance processes as applicable.
• In partnership with Development Directors and management, coordinates the event logistics. This includes but is not limited to: upkeep on event websites, coordination of regular e-mails, ordering of signage, tents, tables, chairs, etc., design and ordering of event materials and supplies. Also includes assisting in event weekend set-up, volunteer management the day of event, event tear down. Will participate in regular planning meetings with internal and external logistics partners.
• Establish and maintain superior customer service relations with sponsors, customers, volunteers and donors by providing professional and friendly assistance within best practice guidelines, with proactive resolution of issues or needs.
• Maintains and processes reports and forwards them to appropriate staff. This includes summary, monthly reconciliation, and lockbox reports.
• Develops, oversees and/or assists in the development of event brochures, invitations, flyers, newsletters and other materials as needed.
• Coordinates volunteer meetings, trainings and projects as needed including writing meeting minutes, correspondence, logistics and follow- up.
• Keep informed of current AHA-related news, and communicate with team members the affiliate and national guidelines for use of these tools.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
Must be at least 18 years old.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum one year of related office experience.
Must have at least intermediate knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of American Heart Association staff, volunteers and the public. This includes ability and willingness to build and nurture relationships within and outside the American Heart Association. This also includes the ability to work cooperatively with others to leverage resources to achieve common goals.
Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with the expectation that items in excess of 20 pounds would be broken down into smaller components or additional assistance is required before lifting and/or moving.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases? Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
Click here to see other opportunities with the American Heart Association. Be sure to follow us on Twitter to see what it is like to work for the American Heart Association and why so many people enjoy #TheAHALife at https://twitter.com/theahalife RECOMMENDED Keywords: HR, Human Resources, Recruiting, Recruitment, employee relations, organizational development, benefits administration, payroll, AP, AR, Accounting, Finance, IT, Program Manager, Program Management, Project Manager, Project Management, project coordinator, project coordination, operations manager, operations management, programming, developer, development, training, legal, attorney, accounts payable, accounts receivable, office manager, office management, customer service, customer care, team lead, customer service specialist, web, web analytics, executive assistant, administrative assistant, coordinator, American Heart Association, AHA, aha jobs, heart.jobs, @AHAJobs, job, career, careers, #wearehiring #theahalife,@theahalife, Hiawatha, Quad Cities, IA, Iowa, 52233
Hiawatha, Iowa, United States
Job Category: Administrative/Clerical
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled